Assists in creating valuable business opportunities that extend far beyond the shorelines and borders of the country
Transnet SOC Ltd is a public company with the South African government running as its sole shareholder. Both operating and controlling South Africa’s major transport infrastructures, Transnet is also responsible for ensuring that the country’s transport industries operate according to world-class standards and that they form an integral part of the overall economy.
Transnet is not only vital to South Africa’s development, but it also combines forces with other businesses in order to expand transport operations across Africa and beyond. By doing so, Transnet assists in creating valuable business opportunities that extend far beyond the shorelines and borders of the country.
Recognised today as the major player in the Southern African transport and logistics arena, Transnet aims to be cost efficient as well as an efficient service provider. By working closely with their clients, Transnet is building on existing corridors and clusters and exploiting the synergy between port and rail to tailor solutions according to their customers’ needs.
Transnet's strategic direction for the next five years is contingent on five key levers aimed at actualising shared stakeholder value, namely customer service, people, asset utilisation, safety and cost optimisation.
• We guard against our personal interests influencing business decisions.
• We aspire to honour the content and spirit of all business transactions.
• We aim to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
• We strive for superior service and quality in all our tasks – honestly and without prejudice.
Care for our people
• We strive to build a company where colleagues trust each other's best intentions.
• Mutual respect governs our business practices.
• Our people – their ideas, commitment, knowledge andcompetencies – are our strength and pride.
• We care for Transnet's assets and guard against loss, damage, misuse and theft.
• Purposeful usage, well-designed procedures and efficient operations can leverage more value from existing assets.
• Safety is every employee's responsibility and means 100% compliance to safety standards, 100% of the time.
• We strive to foster a safe and productive working environment, free of harassment, intimidation and discrimination.
• Sensitivity and care for the communities and natural environment where we operate are critical business principles.
• We continually refine our processes to achieve higher degrees of precision that yield efficient operations.
• We maintain zero tolerance towards fraud, corruption and other economic crimes.
• We aim to deliver superior returns to our investors, as a reliable and credible borrower.
• Albeit a SOC, Transnet issues debt on the strength of its financial position without any government guarantees.